August 26 (Orinoco Tribune) The looting, theft and hijacking of resources from Venezuela has been of great magnitude, six banks withhold under the excuse of US sanctions, around 4.6 billion dollars much needed by and belonging to the Venezuelans, currently facing a spike in Covid-19 cases.
The website La Tabla cited the data published by the Venezuelan NGO dedicated to the study, promotion, education and defense of human rights, “Organización Sures“, which explained that this Venezuelan money is in the following banks:
- Novo Banco: $ 1,547,322,175.89
- Bank of England: $ 1,323,228,162.57
- Clearstream: $ 517,088,580.00
- Citibank: $ 458,415,178,49
- Sumitomo: $ 507,506,853,37
- Union Bank: $ 230,024,462.00
- President Nicolás Maduro has repeatedly denounced the hijacking of Venezuelan money by these international banks (in Washington and the European Union) that, according to the president, intend to suffocate his Administration, directly harming the Venezuelan population in general, since this action hinders the purchase of food, medicine and put restrictions on oil production and export, the main engine of Venezuela’s economy.
Featured image: File image.