Havana, May 2 (Prensa Latina) Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez said Thursday that lying is the basis of the aggressive escalation of the United States against Latin America.
Bolton and Pompeo lie again and again (…) Accusations against #Cuba is unacceptable. They are looking for pretexts to intensify the blockade and hostility against our country’, wrote the Foreing Minister in Twitter.
Rodriguez previously rejected the pronouncements of the North American Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, who accused Cuba of being ‘the real imperialist power in Venezuela’.
In reply, he said Pompeo ‘makes a fool of himself with such a statement. His government plundered it for two centuries, host the 2002 coup d’etat, the 2003 oil attack, invented the self-proclaimed president Juan Guaido and celebrates the electric coup.
Besides, the Cuban diplomat reaffirmed that Cuba does not meddle in the internal affairs of that South American nation, denounced ‘the tendency to lie without any limit or brake of the US government’ and warned of its dangerous consequences.
Havana has repeatedly denounced Washington’s increased hostility against Latin American nations and the imposition of new sanctions on Cuba.
Last April 17, Donald Trump’s administration reinforced the blockade with the activation of Title III of the Helms-Burton Act, a chapter with which it committs on economic suffocation as a tool for regime change.
He also said he would increase travel restrictions for Americans to Cuba and limit remittances sent by Cubans residing in the United States to their families.