Date: Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014
Time: Reception 6-7 pm, Program 7-9 pm
Location: John Jay College of Criminal Justice, L63 Lecture Hall. Take A,C,D,1 Train to 59th St./Columbus Circle stop, walk to 524 W. 59th St. to main entranceFood, drinks, meet and greet the speakers, and listen to cultural performances during the reception, following by the program, featuring:
- Martin Garbus, Lead attorney for the Cuban Five
- Rudolfo Reyes, Cuban Ambassador to the U.N.
- Estela Vazquez, Executive VP, 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East
- Professor Luis Barrios, Dept. of Latin America Latina/o Studies
- Yusef Salaam and Raymond Santana, “Central Park 5″ frame-up victims
- Juanita Young and Iris Baez, long-time leaders in fight against police brutality in NYC
- Claudia Mendoza, John Jay Student, People Power Movement
Sponsors: Sponsored by OCTOBER 25 FREE THE FIVE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
1199SEIU Caribbean and Latin America Democracy Committee, Alberto Lovera Bolivarian Circle, All-African People’s Revolutionary Party, Alternativo Revolucionaria, ANSWER, BAYAN, Black Agenda Report, Brecht Forum, Casa de las Americas, Communist Party USA, Cuba Solidarity New York, Frente Socialista de Puerto Rico, El Frente Amplio Dominicano, Fuerza de la Revolucion, Harlem Tenants Council, IFCO/Pastors for Peace, Jane Franklin, International Action Center, International Committee to Free the Cuban Five, Jericho Movement, Joan Gibbs, July 26 Coalition, La Pena, Leslie Cagan, Margaret Gilpin, Michael Tarif Warren, Mickey Melendez, National Committee to Free the Cuban Five, National Lawyers Guild, National Network on Cuba, Nellie Bailey, Partido Nacionalista de Puerto Rico — Junta de Nuevo York, Party for Socialism and Liberation, People Power Movement, People’s Organization for Progress, Philippine Forum, Popular Education, Project to Free the Cuban Five, ProLibertad, Rosemari Mealy, Sam Anderson, Sisa Pakari Labor Center, Socialist Action, Socialist Workers Party, Venceremos Brigade, WBAI “Cuba In Focus”, Workers World Party.
For more information: 917-887-8710