Malabo.- Cuban doctors are working in the training of the personnel that is going to work at the 2015 African Soccer Cup starting January 17, said the Cuban Embassy in this capital Thursday.
The Cuban doctors, especialized in the control and prevention of ebola, will also offer training to the personnel of hotels, airports, borders and ports.
The same way the Cuban doctors will give special training at the provincial hospitals of Malabo, Bata, Mongomo and Ebebiyin, said Barbaro Fraginal, one of the coordinators of the Cubgan medical brigade.
The advisory work of Cuban doctors will continue up to February 8, the date in which the African Soccer Cup will finish.
Early last month, a group of 15 Cuban specialists arrived here at the request of the Equatorial Guinean government to strengthen preventive measures against Ebola and fight against this virus, recalled the diplomatic source.
Last November, Equatorial Guinea took over the organization of CAN 2015, after October 2014, Morocco requested a postponement for one year due to fears over the spread of Ebola.
That request was denied by the Confederation of African Football, CAF.
Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Democratic Republic of Congo, Senegal, South Africa, Tunisia, Zambia and this country will compete in this football event. (PL)
Periodico26.cu, January 9, 2015