Al Campbell, U Professor Emeritus in Economics, is back by popular demand and wants to take you on Go Learn journey to Cuba, where he has researched, lived and played for the past twenty years. The trip starts in Miami, where the group will meet before boarding a flight to Havana the following morning. When in Cuba, all ground transportation, entrances, professional local guides, fascinating historical hotels and fabulous meals are included.
This meticulously planned trip was created in partnership with Cuba Educational Travel, who holds a license from the U.S. Treasury Department (CT-2013-303986-1) to arrange educational trips to the island, meaning your memorable visit to Cuba is fully sanctioned by the U.S. government. Cuba will fascinate and inspire you with its colors, atmosphere, and gripping recent history. We hope you join us on this trip of a lifetime!
Trip highlights include:
- Hotel in Miami, round-trip airfare from Miami to Havana, all ground transportation, 4-5 star accommodations, including a stay in one of Havana’s original Mob hotels, guides, speaker fees, entrances, daily breakfasts and eleven hand-picked culinary highlights included. This is a packed and diverse itinerary with countless experiences in some of Cuba’s most interesting locations.
- Guest speakers include: Marc Frank – the longest serving foreign correspondent in Cuba, Miguel Coyula – architect and urban planner, Frank Delgado – renowned Cuban songwriter, Yriban Rivero – guitarist, Jorge Mario Sanchez – renowned Cuban economist, Nancy Benitez – architect, historian and restoration specialist
- Visit to the Cueve de San Miguel, an underwater cave with historical significance.
- Cienega de Zapata National Park, Playa Giron and the Bay of Pigs Museum, and more in Cienfuegos, the “Pearl of the South”
- Stay in family-run Bed-and-Breakfasts (Casas Particulares) in Trinidad and Playa Larga
Interact with local artists, musicians, farmers, community activists, and more
- Compliance with the U.S. Treasury Department regulations and Cuban Visa
- Comprehensive trip insurance, including sick/or emergency evacuation insurance
Experience all Cuba has to offer – this gem of a tour includes it all! Come and join us!
Still not convinced? Check out the photographs from our 2015 trip (courtesy of traveler Judy Kiel).
Photos courtesy Judy Kiel, Stephen Colebourne
Continuing Education University of Utah, July 10, 2015