Luanda, April 11 (Prensa Latina) Cuban experts will begin training 1,500 specialists in general and family medicine in Angola in the second half of this year, announced Health Minister Silvia Lutucuta.
The university professors are active physicians, who arrived in Luanda as part of a medical contingent, whose priority for the time being will be to join the institutional efforts to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, still here in an initial phase.
During the last hours, no new infections were registered, for a total of 19, including two patients who exceeded the virus, an equal number of deaths and 15 under hospital care in centers of this capital, informed the headline in a press conference.
So far, all cases are imported; Angola continues to have no local or community transmission of the disease, said Dr. Lutucuta, who called for strengthened prevention measures, as it is a highly contagious disease.
She explained that the national health system is stepping up epidemiological and laboratory surveillance, as well as preparations in hospitals and other care units for the eventual mass care of people infected with the new coronavirus.
If at this time the country remains without indigenous transmission of Covid-19, it is precisely because of the prevention measures, the official said, in order to insist on the latent dangers and the need for the population to comply in a disciplined manner with the ordinances of the State of Emergency.