9 days | choose your dates
About this trip
Explore Cuba’s unique indigenous species of flora and fauna on this 9-day itinerary. Discover the history and culture of Havana, with its many museums, churches, fortresses, and other buildings under restoration. Despite the revolution and economic hardships endured by the people of Cuba, its botanical gardens, organic farms, private gardens, and agriculture have thrived. Travel to Viñales Valley, one of the most beautiful regions of Cuba, and to Soroa, home to a stunning orchid garden. Evidence of the Cuban population’s passion is evident at every turn, from their music, dance, love of life, and appreciation of the natural beauty found on this small Caribbean Island.
- Visit a selection of Cuba’s public and private gardens, including the National Botanical Garden of Cuba (home to hundreds of palm species), a family-owned garden in Viñales, and an urban cooperative garden in Havana, among others.
- Meet with a staff member and tour the Soroa Orchid Garden, which has more than 20,000 plants representing 700 orchid species.
- Take guided hikes in Viñales National Park, the valley of the limestone formations known as mogotes.
- Explore Old Havana on a walking tour and enjoy a private dance performance.
- Stroll through the butterfly house of Quinta de Los Molinos Garden, Cuba’s oldest botanical garden and also a breeding nursery of Polymita spp., a terrestrial and eastern endemic genus of a very colorful mollusk
Read more here.
Holbrook Travel, February 6, 2017